Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
Swiss team Sauber unveil new car, drivers for F1 season
February 03, 2013
 Print    Send to Friend

HINWIL: Formula One team Sauber unveiled their C-32 Ferrari car for the 2013 season on Saturday along with their all-new driving team of Nico Huelkenberg and Esteban Gutierrez.

Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn said Sauber aimed to keep the strengths and improve the weaknesses of a C-31 model which earned sixth place in the constructors’ championship last season.

“It’s based on its predecessor which was a very competitive car,” Kaltenborn said at a launch ceremony at Sauber headquarters.

In 2012, Sauber drivers Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi combined to get four podium finishes. Perez, a 23-year-old Mexican, was hired by McLaren and Japan’s Kobayashi has left the team.

Huelkenberg, a 25-year-old German, finished 11th in the drivers’ standings last year for Force India.

Aged just 21, Mexico’s Gutierrez will graduate from being Sauber’s test driver to make his F1 debut in Australia on March 17. “We have very high expectations of both of them,” said Kaltenborn.

Associated Press

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Related Stories
Matchless Vettel races into record books
ABU DHABI: Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan attended the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday. ..
Rosberg insists F1’s no snooze
NEW DELHI: Germany’s Nico Rosberg on Thursday insisted Formula One was still interesting for the fans despite Sebastian Vettel’s march towards a fourth straight title. ..
Hamilton throws gauntlet to Red Bull team
LONDON: Lewis Hamilton believes his Mercedes team is now Red Bull’s closest challenger and will be capable of mounting a sustained bid for Formula One glory this year. ..
Malaysia GP organisers should spend money on Sepang circuit: F1 chief
SEPANG: Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has backed the Malaysian Grand Prix to continue past its current contract but said the tired Sepang circuit needed a “paint job..
Former four-time Formula One champion Prost backs Red Bull’s Vettel to equal his title tally
PARIS: Four-time Formula One world champion Alain Prost has backed Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel to equal his tally of titles this season. Frenchman Prost won his champi..
 
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright