Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 49 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
US actor sorry for calling hit TV show ‘filth’
November 29, 2012
 Print    Send to Friend

LOS ANGELES: The US actor on Two and a Half Men who called the hit TV series “filth” apologised on Tuesday, as he scrambled to keep his job on what its former star Charlie Sheen said was a “cursed” show.

Angus T. Jones voiced remorse a day after a video surfaced on a Christian church’s website, in which he urged viewers not to watch the top-rated comedy show.

“I apologise if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that,” he said in a statement.

He added: “I have been the subject of much discussion ... over the past 24 hours. While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear.

“Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and a Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.” Nineteen-year-old Jones, who reportedly earns $350,000 an episode playing the character Jake in the show now starring Ashton Kutcher, attacked the programme after apparently undergoing a religious revelation.

“If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men,’ and I don’t want to be on it,” he said in a video posted by the Forerunner Christian Church on YouTube.

“Please stop watching it; stop filling your head with filth. Please,” he said in the video.

Jones signed up for a new one-year contract in May for the show — from which Sheen was sacked last year after he gave a series of increasingly erratic and explosive interviews about the show’s producer, Chuck Lorre.

Sheen said shortly before Jones’ apology that he thought the series was plagued.

“With Angus’s Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed,” Sheen told celebrity People magazine, referring to the fiery comet.

Sheen — who portrayed hedonistic jingle writer Charlie Harper — was replaced by Kutcher on the top-rated comedy series, which has been a hit since it was launched in 2003.

Agence France-Presse
 

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Related Stories
Facebook ‘newspaper’ spells trouble for media
WASHINGTON: Facebook’s move to fulfill its ambition to be the personal “newspaper” for its billion-plus members is likely to mean more woes for the ailing news media. ..
Bill Cosby regains revered status as beloved comedian
MELBOURNE: The protesters didn’t show, the would-be hecklers didn’t take the bait, the weeks of headlines about sexual assaults disappeared and Bill Cosby, for 90 minutes..
Jolie says she plans to give up acting
SYDNEY: Hollywood A-lister Angelina Jolie says she plans to give up acting after a “few more” films and switch her focus to directing. Jolie walked the red carpet in S..
Oscar-winning director Nichols dies at 83
NEW YORK: Mike Nichols, the director of matchless versatility who brought fierce wit, caustic social commentary and wicked absurdity to such film, TV and stage hits as Th..
Family makes plea for abducted Miss Honduras
TEGUCIGALPA: The family of the reigning Miss Honduras pleaded with police on Monday to find their teenage daughter, who was abducted just days before she was set to fly t..
 
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright