Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
Last updated 2 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
Al Wahda blank Kalba; Al Wasl drub Dibba
November 18, 2018
 Print    Send to Friend

DUBAI: Al Wahda rounded off a flawless Group A campaign at the Arabian Gulf Cup as they defeated Ittihad Kalba 2-0 in matchweek 6 at the Al Nahyan Stadium on Saturday.

Both sides had some attempts on goal during the first half but none of them managed to find the back of the net as they headed into halftime deadlocked at 0-0.

The first real chance of the game came after five minutes only when Giovanni Sio’s effort went above the bar. Two minutes later, Saeed Almarashda had his shot denied by Al Wahda keeper Rashed Ali.

Six minutes before the break, the Tigers’ Myke Ramos came close to breaking the deadlock but his header hit the bar. The hosts responded just before half time, as Kalba’s keeper Mohamed Albloushi pulled off a smart save to deny Leonardo de Souza.

The Clarets looked more dangerous in the second half and had a number of chances after the break. On the one-hour mark, Sebastian Tagliabue came close to opening the scoring but his header was denied by Albloushi.

Just two minutes later, Myke Ramos netted an own goal to give the hosts a 1-0 lead. Following a poor attempt to clear the ball to safety, the Brazilian mistakenly scored into his own net.

Al Wahda needed just another six minutes to score their second goal of the game. Tagliabue sent a through pass to Tahoon Alzaabi who crossed it inside the box to Mohamed Alhammadi and the latter slotted the ball into the bottom right corner of the net. This marked Alhammadi’s second goal of the tournament.

Despite their 2-0 lead, the hosts continued to push for a third goal but Albloushi denied Sautan Alghafri two minutes from time.

Meanwhile, Caio Canedo Correa scored a brace as Al Wasl defeated Dibba 4-2 at the Zabeel Stadium.

The match got off to a quick start as Fabio De Lima opened the scoring just 10 minutes after the kick-off. Waheed Ismail’s long pass found the Brazilian forward on the edge of the box who dribbled past Dibba’s defenders and slotted in the right corner of the net.

The Cheetah’s continued to push for a second goal and were close to doubling their lead but Saif Matar Mohammad’s shot was saved by Dibba’s keeper Abdulla Hasan.

The Sailors attempted to score an equalizer before halftime, but Yaser Abdulla’s shot went off target. However, three minutes before the break, Yahya Jabrane leveled the scoreline after capitalizing on a defensive mistake from Al Wasl to find the back of the net.

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Post a comment
Related Stories
City Football Club, IMU enter duFC knockout stage
Dubai: The second weekend of the Dubai leg of du Football Champions (duFC), in partnership with LaLiga, witnessed a strong day of play in the UAE Schools and Streets Cups..
Dubai host final leg of dufc
Dubai: du Football Champions, in partnership with LaLiga, kicked off the final leg of the nationwide tournament, home of the official UAE Schools and Streets Cups, on Sat..
Registration opens for NAS futsal, volleyball qualifiers
DUBAI: The organising committee of the Nad Al Sheba (NAS) Sports Tournament has announced the opening of registration for teams wishing to participate in the futsal and v..
First game always the most difficult, says Queiroz
Abu Dhabi: Carlos Queiroz will lead tournament favourites Iran into the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 having instructed his players to focus on winning one game at a time as the..
UAE go down fighting against Kuwait; Jordan held
KUALA LUMPUR: The UAE suffered a setback in their preparations for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup after losing 2-0 to Kuwait in an international friendly, while China and Jordan ..
Advertise | Copyright