Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 27 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
Morocco arrests scandal-hit Ferrari driving ‘rich kid’
April 21, 2017
 Print    Send to Friend

Rabat: Moroccan police said they have arrested a young Ferrari driver who triggered a scandal by posting video footage of himself apparently drunk at the wheel and ridiculing officers.

 Police have opened an inquiry into the incident involving the man, aged around 20 and reported to be from an influential family, after a public outcry and claims of special treatment.

 He was arrested on Wednesday evening, two days after he posted video footage on social media he filmed himself of his night out.

 First he is seen at a nightclub holding a bottle of Champagne, and later at the wheel of his Italian sports car, still with the bottle, showing signs of intoxication.

Special treatment

He then appears in front of his crashed car, mocking police officers, and finally sitting proudly in the passenger seat of an ambulance smoking a cigarette.

 Moroccan newspaper Al Massae complained of “special treatment” for the Ferrari driver while Al Akhbar questioned the “indulgence” of police.

 Police said two officers present at the scene had been held for questioning after the incident, which saw the Ferrari hit three vehicles stopped at a traffic light, causing injuries.

 According to Moroccan media the driver is the nephew of a wealthy businessman in the city of Laayoune in Western Sahara and may also be related to a government minister.

Agence France-Presse
 

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Related Stories
Morocco jails two activists for 20 years
RABAT: A Moroccan court has sentenced two members of a northern protest movement to 20 years in prison each for torching a police building earlier this year, their lawyer..
Morocco court delays protest trials
CASABLANCA: A Moroccan court on Tuesday postponed until next month the trial of protesters arrested for their role in organising demonstrations that rocked a northern reg..
Moroccans protest after sexual assault video
CASABLANCA: Hundreds of people staged an angry protest on Wednesday in the Moroccan city of Casablanca against sexual harassment after footage of a woman being assaulted ..
Six arrested after Morocco bus incident sparks outrage
RABAT: Six teenage suspects were arrested in Morocco on Monday after video footage of young men reportedly sexually molesting a woman on a bus caused widespread outrage o..
Moroccan video sparks debate on harassment
RABAT: A video showing a group of men hounding a young woman walking alone in a Moroccan street has been shared widely on social media, sparking a heated debate in the No..
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright