Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 16 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
Suicide car bomber kills at least three in southeast Iran
December 06, 2018
 Print    Send to Friend

TEHRAN: At least three people died and 24 others were injured in a suicide car bomb attack on the police headquarters in Iran's southeast on Thursday, state media reported, adding that the perpetrator was killed.

Television also reported shooting in the area, located in the region of Sistan-Balochestan, which is home to a Sunni Muslim minority in the largely Shiite country and has long been plagued by violence from both drug smugglers and separatists.

"Three people were killed and some others were injured," Chabahar's acting governor Rahmdel Bameri told state television.

An official told TV that "the terrorist who carried out the attack was killed." He did not elaborate.

Mohammad Hadi Marashi, deputy governor for security affairs, told state television two police officers had been killed.

The state news agency IRNA said some 24 people had been wounded. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Videos posted on Twitter, purportedly from Chabahar, showed thick smoke rising from the area. Reuters could not verify their authenticity.

"Police stopped the explosive-laden car and started firing at the driver ... who then set off the explosion near the police headquarters in Chabahar," said Bameri.


Reuters

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Other Latest News
Iran confirms missile test in defiance of US
GENEVA: A senior Iranian military commander has confirmed that Tehran recently carried out a ballistic missile test, to the anger of the United States, the Fars news agen..
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright