Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 58 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
Reds’ Coutinho refuses to rule out January move
December 08, 2017
 Print    Send to Friend

London: Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho has refused to commit his future to the Premier League club, saying he does not know whether he will be the subject of a transfer bid in January.

Barcelona made repeated efforts during the summer window to land the Brazil international but were rebuffed each time, leaving him frustrated.

Since then speculation has continued to swirl over the future of the 25-year-old, who scored a hat-trick in Liverpool’s 7-0 demolition of Spartak Moscow on Wednesday, with his Catalan suitors reportedly ready to make another approach.

“I am at Liverpool and I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters,” said Coutinho, who has scored nine goals in 13 appearances this season.

“I do not know how the future is going to be. What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer.

“Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.”

Coutinho’s hat-trick was his first for the club and he hailed the achievement of making the latter stages of the Champions League as a significant moment.

Agence France-Presse

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Related Stories
Barca announce 2019 summer tour of Asia
Barcelona: Barcelona plan to visit China and Japan as part of a pre-season tour to Asia next summer, the club announced on Tuesday. After consecutive years travelling ..
FA charges Mourinho over abusive language
London: Jose Mourinho was charged by the Football Association on Tuesday over comments he made after Manchester United’s victory against Newcastle and faces a potential t..
Malta club look to script history with Bolt signing
Sydney: Sprint king Usain Bolt could be making his way to Europe after being offered a two-year professional football contract in Malta, reports said Tuesday, with the cl..
Prosecutor seeks 12-year term for Barca’s Turan
ANKARA: Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan, currently on loan with Turkish club Basaksehir, has been charged over a clash with a prominent singer, and prosecutors are seekin..
England shock Spain
Seville: Raheem Sterling scored twice as England delivered one of their finest victories of the modern era by beating Spain 3-2 in Seville on Monday. This was their f..
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright