Classifieds | Archives | Jobs | About TGT | Contact | Subscribe
 | 
Last updated 8 minutes ago
Printer Friendly Version | TGT@Twitter | RSS Feed |
HOME LOCAL MIDEAST ASIA WORLD BUSINESS SPORT OPINION WRITERS
Indian soldier, two civilians killed in Kashmir gunfight
April 11, 2018
 Print    Send to Friend

SRINAGAR (India): An Indian Army soldier and two civilians were killed on Wednesday during a gunfight between the security forces and militants in Jammu and Kashmir that started late last night.

Hospital sources said a second injured civilian, identified as Bilal Ahmad Dar, 17, was brought to the hospital after sustaining bullet injuries at the gunfight site in Kulgam district.

The teenager was pronounced dead on arrival by the doctors.

Earlier, another civilian, Sharjeel Sheikh, 28, was killed when clashes erupted at Wani Mohalla in Khudwani between protesters and the security forces.

Police said a soldier was killed and two other security men were also injured earlier on Wednesday when militants holed up inside a home started firing at the security personnel closing in on them.

Protesters pelting stones at the security forces even as two-to-three LeT militants reportedly remained holed up inside the house.

Authorities have ordered closure of all schools and colleges in Kulgam and Internet services have been suspended in South Kashmir areas.

Clashes also erupted between students and the security personnel in north Kashmir's Sopore town immediately after the news about the deaths of civilians in the Kulgam gunfight spread across the town.

Indo-Asian News Service

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Comments
 
Post a comment
 
Name:
Country:
City:
Email:
Comment:
 
    
    
Other Latest News
Pugilists spearhead Indian medal rush
GOLD COAST: MC Mary Kom (48kg), Vikas Krishan (75kg), Gaurav Solanki (52kg) claimed the gold medals, while Satish Kumar (91kg), Amit Panghal (49kg) and Manish Kaushik (60..
Indian policemen involved in Kathua rape sacked
JAMMU: UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres wants Indian authorities to ensure that the perpetrators of the “horrific” gang rape and murder of Asifa, an eight-year-old g..
FRONTPAGE
 
GALLERY
 
PANORAMA
 
TIME OUT
 
SPORT
 
 
Advertise | Copyright