British architect suffering heart attack rescued - GulfToday

British architect suffering heart attack rescued

health attack1

The photo has been used for illustrative purposes.

Passers-by rescued Lee Linagan, a 55-year-old British architect, who fell to the ground in a parking lot in Abu Dhabi city after experiencing a heart attack. The passers-by provided Linagan with the needed first aid and CPR, then summoned an ambulance which transported him to the emergency department of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi.

There it turned out that Linagan had a heart attack, so he was consequently transferred to a cardiac catheterization laboratory in the hospital, where he underwent artery bypass surgery and a stent installation.

The Linagan has fully recovered, except some minor wounds on his leg due to falling to the ground.

Dr Faisal Hassan, a consultant cardiologist at the hospital, affirmed the type of the attack the engineer had suffered was very serious and fatal. He added,” We provided him with the necessary care upon his arrival at the hospital, at a faster time than the rate specified in international standards.”

On his part, Linagan thanked everyone who helped save his life, including the staff in the car park, the ambulance team and the medical team that cared for me in the hospital.

On Saturday, The General Command of Ajman Police returned an eight-year-old Arab boy of determination to his family. The boy reportedly lost his way in Al Nuaimiya area in the Emirate of Ajman.

Lt. Colonel Ghaith Khalifa Al Kaabi, head of the Al Nuaimiya Comprehensive Police Station, said, “The traffic police patrol team saw the child walking alone in a street in the Nuaimiya area in the evening in a way which endangered his life. They then stopped and tried to identify him but being a boy of determination, they could not get any information from him, so they took him to Nuaimiya Police Station, where he was provided with the necessary care.”

After investigations, Al Kaabi added, “The parents of the child were identified only within two hours, and the father was summoned to the police station to receive his son.”

The father said his son went out when he found the door open while the mother was busy and he himself was not at home. The boy then could not find his way back

Al Kaabi called on the public and families to take precaution towards their children, and to close the doors tightly, especially during night to avoid losing them or putting their lives at risk.

Recently, Ameya Santosh, a 15-year old Indian boy who went missing, was also found.

According to his family, he was spotted by some students.

Related articles