Egg and bagel sandwich. TNS
Are you one of those people who doesn’t think twice before skipping breakfast? Maybe you feel lazy to whip something up, or boring breakfast options simply don’t excite you. Well, here are some options that will definitely change your mind about the most important meal of the day.
The following three breakfast sandwiches are quick to put together and quite easy to make.
1/2 tablespoon butter, plus more if needed
1/2 cup sliced onion
3 large (or 4 small) mushrooms, sliced
2 asparagus spears, bottom few inches discarded and the rest cut into 1/4-inch pieces
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup shredded cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pita, cut in half
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat, and add onions. Cook until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and asparagus, and cook until mushrooms lose their moisture, another 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove and keep warm.
2. Add more butter to skillet if needed. Season eggs with salt and pepper, add to pan and cook, pushing eggs to the middle with a spatula and turning and swirling the pan to fill the gaps until almost completely cooked. Add cheese to one half of the eggs and top that half with onion-mushroom-asparagus mixture. Fold the other half of the egg over that half and remove from heat.
3. Cut omelette in half and place each half inside half of the pita.
EGG AND BAGEL SANDWICH
1 bagel, savoury flavours only
1 tablespoon cream cheese
2 slices smoked salmon
1 slice red onion
1/2 teaspoon capers, optional
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 egg, beaten
1. Toast bagel if desired. Spread cream cheese on both cut sides of bagel, and top one side with smoked salmon, red onion and optional capers.
2. Melt butter in skillet (nonstick is best) over medium heat. Add beaten egg, trying to keep it from spreading too much in the pan. Gently cook without touching until the liquid on top is almost completely cooked. Fold up the sides toward the centre until the egg is the approximate size of the bagel. Place the egg on top of the other ingredients, and top with the other half of the bagel.
2 slices beef bacon or 2 ounces (scant 1/2 cup) sausage
1 tablespoon butter, divided
1/2 cup potato cut into 1/2-inch dice
Salt and pepper
1/4 small or medium onion, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1 flour tortilla
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup salsa
Sour cream, optional
1. Cook beef bacon or sausage. Crumble bacon or cut sausage into small pieces. Clean pan.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon (1/3 tablespoon) butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add cubes of potato, sprinkle liberally with salt, cover and cook, tossing frequently, until potatoes are browned and cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
3. Melt remaining 2 teaspoons (2/3 tablespoon) butter in pan and add onions. Cook until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, beans and cooked potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and scramble until eggs are almost done (they will continue to cook off the heat).
4. Place mixture on tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Spoon salsa on top and fold tortilla over to form a burrito. Top with sour cream, if desired.
Tribune News Service
Cooking in a mug is one of the most fun and easy ways to create quick meals for yourself. Here are a few recipes that can be enjoyed either for breakfast, an afternoon snack or a sweet craving.
The ongoing health emergency has raised consciousness about personal health, with a special focus on one's nutritional intake. If you are making smart diet plans that include healthy snacking options that one can munch while working, consider adding pistachios.
Since we are now living the new normal where strength and well-being are necessary to survive, it's equally important to eat the right balance of food for overall healthy and happy living.
If you’re not a breakfast person, Lavash also has got you covered as the sun sets, Lavash transforms into a haven for unique unlimited pizzas
Before he was king, LeBron James was a kid – a Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips-munching kid, who lived in an Akron apartment and who had dreams of becoming great.
One way of achieving this is through our distinguished clinical centres of excellence. Clinical centres of excellence are dedicated units within our medical facility that focus on providing exceptional care for specific medical conditions or treatments.